Monday, March 16, 2020

Lesson 1 - Vlog With Mr. P.




Overview and Directions: Please view the above video for my class instructions.

This will be a daily Vlog to help us keep connected as a class during this troubling time. I will always have a poem of the day, and offer daily lessons on our assignments. You will have the opportunity to comment on the blog post, and I can answer you the following day. We can also set-up class time to all be on the blog for an hour and comment together in real time.

I will address long-term assignments and we will begin new assignments together. I am looking to make this work as high interest as possible, which means the more you check-in and comment on the blog, the more input you will have on the work we do.

For now, we need to finish our unit on Ghosts, but I want to extend the deadlines as there is no need to rush.

Act III will be due Friday, March 20th.  The next assignments will be a Q2 and Q3 writing experience. We can easily practice for the exam when we get closer to the date. You can control the writing, and I feel that is the most authentic experience so that is where I want to focus our attention for time being.  Further, we mat not even have the exam this year.

On Wednesday, I will read the play aloud so I can act as an audiobook, and stop periodically like I do in class to add insights for discussion. We will engage in some writing and discussion in the blog space. I have also looked into some ideas for next steps. 

During my daily Vlogs, I will share some of my favorite novels, plays, and accompanying films for you to think about as possible choices.

Today's "Poem of the Day" is from Sharon Old’s Arias, titled, “For You.”

18 comments:

  1. Hope everything is going well for you Mr. Pellerin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the vlog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting the time and effort in to do these vlogs! definitely miss the energy of our class. Hope all is well for you and your family. Loved the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Thank you, Mr. Pellerin. Wishing you and your family the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the vlog! Thank you for doing this and I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, yay for virtual human connection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mr. Pellerin for this. I wish you and your family the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the vlog, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Excited for virtual learning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone! You get first dibs. I am planning for tomorrow. Is there anything you would like me to cover? So far, I thought I would cover ACT II, and I could read ACT III on Wednesday and Thursday. I also signed up for Zoom, which is an online video conferencing site. We could select a time and meet as a class through the camera on our computers and/or phones and have an actual class! I set-up my profile page. Let me know what you would like to cover tomorrow. I will also be sure to share anecdotal stories like I do in class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used zoom and I liked it, I thought it was a good platform. How often do you think we would meet?

      Delete
    2. Hi Nelia! It's up to us. We can play it by ear. Perhaps when we finish reading the play, for example, we could hold a class to discuss the play and the next assignment. I am hoping that each day, more students find their way to the blog. I emailed everyone in all my classes, so we'll see. ;)

      Delete
  12. I appreciate the extra effort to keep our class going as best as possible! Hope all is well for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just saw this! I really appreciate all the effort you're putting in and I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this Mr. P! Hope you and your family are doing okay. Also, love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Freaking loved this. I don't know how to subscribe but when I do you'll know. Wash your hands and don't die everyone please!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Mr. Pellerin for working hard and helping everyone communicate and still learn!! I hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete